Guidelines for Posting
Guidelines for posting:
Please follow these basic guidelines with your posts:
- Please start by creating a contributor user profile for yourself.
- Your post should be on a topic consistent with the focus and overall philosophy of this blog. If you are unsure what that means, take some time to read past posts or visit our main web site at www.dyslexia.com
- Your post content should have a positive tone and be family-friendly — please don’t use profanity or other language likely to offend anyone.
- Your post should be original content, written by you, using your real name. Please do not copy and paste matters from other web sites or submit work by writers other than yourself, or work that has been previously published under someone else’s name or on another web site or blog.
- Please do not post advertisements or commercial endorsements. It is acceptable to offer a third-party review of a book, software application, or other product that you feel may be of interest to blog readers, but such reviews will be published only if they seem to be fair and informative, and if it is clear to us that you (as author) do not have a direct financial interest in the item reviewed.
- Please do not post links to commercial sites in the body of your post, unless they are clearly labeled and directly relevant to the post topic. It is fine for you to promote your own business or personal web site within your user profile, but you should not expect to use the articles themselves as a way to drive traffic to your site or to sell your products or services. Please do not embed links to your own web site or to commercial sites within the text of your article.
- Please feel free to include photographs or other images with your post; however, please be sure that you have permission to use any images that you post.
- Do not include a byline (your name) or author bio or profile within your post. These items will be added automatically by the software, so you do not need to type them again. You can control the information that appears with your post by editing your user profile.
- After submission, your post and/or author profile may be edited and revised prior to publication to conform to site guidelines. In particular, inappropriate links may be removed and word choice may be modified to be consistent with the overall tone and philosophy of this blogs. Your post will not be published if such revisions would substantially change the meaning and message conveyed by your article.